As a Gurl with a PLAN, you are meant to follow the rhythms of your productive seasons. Yes seasons! We all have seasons in our lives when we are more productive than others. There are times when you just feel like it and other times when all you can muster is the day-to-day things you HAVE to do to keep all the balls in the air without crashing down. A Gurl with a PLAN is intentional about 7 things – My Plan, My Purpose, My Plate, My Progress, My People, My Pursuit and My Power. Let’s break each down below…
1. The first thing we must establish is a PLAN! For your Purpose Living to include Action Now – you need a plan. Not just a plan but one that is clearly written. That’s why you need a planner! The mere ACTION of writing something down starts the plan in motion. I believe this is the time to do as the word states in Habakkuk 2:2. Let’s look at two translations.
· English Standard Version - And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.
· The Message - And then GOD answered: “Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision-message is a witness pointing to what’s coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn’t lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It’s on its way. It will come right on time.
2. Your Purpose – or in other words - Your SHINE is the SPECIAL HAPPENING INSIDE NOBODY ELSE! It is what you have been created to do. It is all the things that people in your life pull on you for. It is your why. It is your reason for being. It is not deep and profound. Most likely you have been doing it most of your life. It is the thing that takes the least amount of effort for you. You could do it in your sleep. You would do it for free. Your true purpose or SHINE lies in not only KNOWING what it is but taking the time to grow in that area.
3. The next thing we need to be clear about is what is currently on your plate. Most times when we are not able to keep all the balls in the air, it’s because there are just too many up there! You can’t juggle 20 balls with two arms. Some of those balls are going to crash onto the floor and you will never get to them.
4. As you make progress, it’s not the time to be too critical of yourself. You are not striving for perfection, just progress. Just believing in yourself can help. It’s simple. Self-esteem is the esteem of yourself. It’s not dependent on anyone else. Check in with yourself regularly and note even the smallest wins. Progress like that helps fuel the next steps of your PLAN!
5. Next have you identified your people???? Who is in your corner? Who are your champions? When considering your progress right now on something you are actively working on, who are your cheerleaders? There is nothing like regular encouragement for your goals. When you have a great support system in place it can make the difference on the days when your own self-check is not enough.
6. Now that you have the first five in mind, now it’s time to pursue! This is the Action Now part! Pursuing your goals successfully involves planning and prioritizing your tasks. This can help you decide on the most important tasks to start working on. The methods you use for getting them done is also crucial. Make sure your steps are actionable and achievable in a reasonable amount of time. If not, break the task down even more. You are ready to pursue!
7. Finally, there is no plan without a daily plea to the Father. You find and maintain your power by being in relationship with God - checking in with his will for your life. It is important to be intentional and talk to God about everything that concerns you. Seek him FIRST and then every other thing will fall into place just as it should as he work
s everything together for your good.
These are just seven of the ways I have come up with. You may have your own things that spur you toward success. Draw from these and draw from your own. Today is 2-2-22 – make the first step toward a new goal or pick up one that’s on the shelf and finish it. You can do All things through Christ that gives you strength. Let’s go! You got this!!!